Friday, July 13, 2012

Subz Malaidar

This was a vegetable I made for my friends Alok, Varsha and their kid Aditya. This was long ago while I was still in Blr. They are a family that can take all the cream unlike mine. So this was just for them. I don't think I will ever make it again now with my diet restrictions. However those who love cream will love this recipe.

1/2 kg Mixed veggies chopped fine
50 ml fresh cream (I used Amul)
1 teaspoon besan / chickpea flour
few curry leaves
1 teaspoon oil
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon red chili powder
1/2 teaspoon kitchen king masala
1/2 teaspoon sugar
salt to taste

Whole garam masala ( 4-5 cloves + 2 tamal patra + 5-6 green cardamoms + 2 black cardamom+ 8-10 pepper corns)

Heat oil in a handi. Fry the curry leaves add the washed cleaned vegetables. Tie up a potli of the garam masala in a muslin cloth and drop it in. Add the turmeric, red chili powder and kitchen king masala. Cover and cook till vegetables are done. In a bowl beat the cream add the besan and incorporate it evenly. Pour the creamy mix into the vegetable handi. Top up with water to get a creamy consistency, I needed 2 cups of water. Leave the heat on low and allow the vegetables to simmer for 10 mins. In the end season with salt and sugar. Cover and let it rest for 15 mins before you serve.

I served my friends this Subz Malaidar with Kerala Parathas. You go enjoy it with your most favorite bread. I have a hunch this will be great with a simple pulao.

7 comments:

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail