Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mushrooms in Tomato Sauce with Basil




This recipe is a easy and tasty snack on its own and a great filling for a sandwich. I make this just for myself as Dad does not like mushrooms.

Ingredients

12 -14 Button Mushrooms
2 tablespoons Tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon dry Basil
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
salt to taste


Clean and Wash the Mushrooms. Quarter them and keep aside. In a skillet add Olive oil. Keep high heat. Add the mushrooms saute till water dries up. Add the tomato sauce and saute further till coats the mushroom. Now sprinkle the dry basil and mix well. Adjust salt to your taste. I did not need any as the tomato sauce had enough for my requirements. Cover and cook for 2 mins. Put off the heat. Serve hot on a platter.

Nibble on the lovely snack or fill it between fresh baked bread. I enjoyed it both ways and filled it in sliced garlic bread.

Simple snack for the soul.


3 comments:

  1. Looks so YUM !
    Gonna try soon....and its easy too.....Love your recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love mushrooms.. This looks easy yummy too.. will definitely try this out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..I love mushrooms. Have everything in my pantry will definitely try this out. Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail